Lent: Week 1 Review!




So this week I've been a bit crap with doing all my lent things because I've been so damn busy.

But here are the ones I have done:


"Pick up any litter you spot today and drop it into a bin. (You might want to wear latex gloves or use a litter-picker!) Not going out? Sort out your kitchen so that you can get into the habit of recycling easily."


- I did both picking up litter and cleaning up the kitchen this week. (And tried not to complain about the latter....)


"It doesn't take much to make someone feel special. A treat through their letterbox or on their desk, or an unexpected compliment, can go a long way."


- Weirdly I kinda did this without being prompted to, but I wrote a thank you letter to a particular friend who is just pretty damn great. And it made me feel good too (Y)


"Buy Fairtrade today when you stop at the shops for that drink or bar of chocolate. Even better, buy two and give one to a friend."


- So the other week I treated myself to a cafetiere, mainly because Nescafe coffee is just bleagh. So I also treated myself to some Fairtrade coffee, and I can safely say that it was absolutely delicious.


Write a good old-fashioned thank you note. It's a worthy way to spend time, and everyone loves getting 'real mail' in the post!


- I kind of figured this was similar to the note I wrote to my friend. But in addition, I also was a very good Grandchild and bought and posted birthday cards to two of my Grandparents this week! Who knew cards were so expensive........


Pray about the stuff you’ve got and think about why it’s important to you. Ask God to show you anything in your life that you’re clinging onto too tightly, and to help you use it for others.


- As a student, i'm thinking this mainly concerns money. So I'm making a conscious effort not to a) worry about it or b) hoard it. After all, I'm hardly underprivileged am I...


This week has therefore been ... well.. semi-successful. But it's also been Christian Union events week which has meant I've also been going to lots of interesting talks and eating lots of good food, so I'd consider my effort pretty admirable.

Till next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baaer Meinhof and Baby Killers...

'Students' VS 'Residents' - Bath is full to the brim

I'm running for SU President