Lent: Week 2 Review!

I like to think i've been slightly better at doing my 40acts each day this week.....

The bare minimum is to arrive when you say you will. Could you be there a few minutes earlier, though?

This act resulted in a rather ridiculous shenanigan this weekend. Facing a prospective hectically busy couple of days, Imogen and I decided to plan out exactly where we needed to be, when we needed to be there and what we needed to bring. Saturday morning was spent at our church women's breakfast, followed by swimming at the leisure centre, and rushing back up to campus for GASP rehearsals on time (singing society). When we got to the rehearsal, it seemed no one was there. Upon realising we had got the wrong day we proceeded to stay in a seminar room and meticulously plan out Sunday so that we didn't miss anything. 



Come sunday morning, we met with church people to give our breakfast bags on campus, rushed down to town to watch Helen and Maddy run .... but missed them :'( then we rushed back up to campus for GASP rehearsals... again... and when we got there, no one was there.... AGAIN, which promptly resulted in collapsing on the floor of 8west to reevaluate our lives: (necessary).



After phoning a friend, it turned out the rehearsals were in fact on saturday, and that we had just been in the wrong place. So whether or not I managed to complete this act is debateable.... I did try my best though, life just got the better of me...

Whether you like to use your hands for DIY, baking, card-craft, cars, writing or painting – make an amazing gift for someone today.

Alexa and I made this brilliant banner for our friends running the Bath Half. As stated above, we didn't actually catch them during the run, so getting a photo of them with the banner about 5 hours later was the best we could do.... (P.S: potential blog post about bath half coming soon.... maybe... If I get round to it...)




Pop a Post-it note that says ‘You’re AMAZING/REALLY SUPER/GREAT AT COLOURING’ in your kid’s lunchbox. Or scribble a compliment for your spouse on the kitchen chalkboard. Or write and tell your neighbour that you really appreciate them keeping their hedges so trim. Keep it short and super-sweet.

So this was gonna be like the best idea, but turned out Alexa beat me to it.... After a busy busy monday, Alexa was a complete sweetheart and met me and imogen off the bus from the gym with a tupperware box of tuna and tomato pasta so that we could go straight to GASP rehearsals (yes.. again...). Taken aback by her kindness, me and Imogen plotted to do something cute in return... but alas, when we got back to my flat, Alexa had also laid my bed, and given me and Imogen some sweets with a personal post-it note for each of us.... So rather than doing this act myself, I was the grateful receiver of it, and it made me feel rather wonderful



Commit to dropping some plastic from your life – like trading that bottled water or takeaway coffee cup for a decent reusable version instead. Show us yours using #40acts!

I appear to have accumulated about 6934078293 plastic bottles in my room. I fully intend to recycle all but 2 of them, keeping 1 by my bedside and 1 in my bag. Boom.


Think about the last time you ignored your generous gut instinct. Is there any way you could do that thing today? If not then pray and ask God to give you another opportunity. Wherever you are today, watch out for one. Maybe you could buy The Big Issue, say yes where you might have ignored a request, or make a donation to a cause.

So I went to Bristol today to see the west-end cast of Wicked at the Hippodrome. Before the performance, we were eating lunch and I saw a Big Issue Seller. So I went to sainsburys, bought some mints with my tenner, and bought a copy off him. Done. Simple. I hope I made him smile.
(P.S: potentially gonna do a blog post on Wicked too)

Apologies for the excessive use of ellipses in this blog post, my life is just too full of suspense....












Bye! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baaer Meinhof and Baby Killers...

'Students' VS 'Residents' - Bath is full to the brim

I'm running for SU President